Monday 18 March 2013

Restaurant Review: The Works

Hey guys,

     So I decided to do something different today, and rather than just blogging about recipes I will start to include restaurant reviews as well!


      During my March Break I had walked the Danforth in Toronto and decided to have dinner at The Works. The Works is a gourmet burger joint that has over 70 different possible toppings, numerous patty options, and buns. The drinks are served in measuring cups that add a nice new flare to the restaurant.


     To eat I had an all beef burger on a white bun, topped with bacon, cheese, and peanut butter. I chose the SK8R Boy due to how I was curious in how peanut butter would be in a burger (however I had a good feeling about this combination due to my previous experience with Gordon Ramsay's beef satay with peanut sauce). As for the side I had a classic poutine with gravy and curds.

     The patty itself could have been more moist and flavourful, maybe an elk patty would have worked better with the peanut butter, but maybe next time. The fries were satisfactory, nothing special. The atmosphere could be related to that of a sports bar; however, there was not the loud people/ noise that could come with it. The staff was average, yet helpful towards newcomers in terms of their large menu and all the choices/combinations available.
     

   
   Overall there could be improvements to make the food even better; such as, more moist patties, more peanut butter sauce, a less hidden cheese, and of course more bacon (a bit depress-looking isn't it?). I would  recommend The Works for those who want to explore the World of Burgers, other than that there is not many more reasons for me to recommend it.

Good eats,

S

No comments:

Post a Comment